Saturday, September 8, 2012

Attention/Silence Signal & Brain Breaks!

Wow! I am pooped after this week of school! I know it has been a good week in my classroom when I am tired on Friday! :) I am wondering how everyone elses school year is going...I would love to hear about your school year so far! Comment below and let me know!

So, as most of you know, I looped up with my class this year from 3rd to 4th!!! I LOVE it!!!! I mean seriously, if you get the chance, you should do it! :) I have kept most of my procedures in place for this year so my students already knew what to expect walking in the doors. However, I have seen some AWESOME stuff on Pinterest and other blogs that makes me want to spice things up a bit! I am looking at finding a simple attention signal to use in my classroom! I always like to give my students a signal to tell them I need their attention! I want something that is fast and wastes little to no instructional time. In the past I have used repeated clapping signals and finger snaps. I have a found a few tools online that I am thinking about to spice things up a bit!!!


I think this "Woodstock Percussion Zenergy Chime" I found on Amazon.com would be an awesome way to get my students attention!!!


I also really like this "No Yell Bell" I found at Learning Resources! How cool is this?!? It plays different sounds to get students' attention!!!

Now, after looking at many different websites and blogs, I do think this "No Yell Bell" really suits me better than the chimes. Don't get me wrong, I love the chimes too!!! BUT, I am a vocal, rambunctious teacher SO I figured this is more my personality! :) What are some quiet signals you guys use?!? I would love to hear about them! :) 

I have also been seeing tons of "Brain Breaks" on Pinterest and on other blogs! I am super interested in this! I think I might just make some myself for my classroom! I would love some input from you guys though! What are some brain breaks that work in your classroom? We do the Wiggle Dance a lot in my classroom. You would think that 4th graders would think this is too "elementary" for them, but my 4th graders LOVE it! They love to wiggle around and laugh! :) I am also working on another giveaway to celebrate almost 20,000 page views!!! How crazy is that?!? I just love blogging and sharing all the fun we have in my classroom! :) Happy Saturday friends!!!




3 comments:

  1. My year is off to a great start!!! I have a sweet group this year!

    My quiet signal is a wireless doorbell! I carry the button with me and the kids respond to it so well! And only cost me $10!

    Greg
    Www.kindergartensmorgasboard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that!! I am definitely going to check into that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to have been at the meet up Saturday! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete