Monday, September 24, 2012

Homework Woes!

So, how many of you have that same problem every year with kids NOT wanting to do their homework?!? Last year, I used a Homework BINGO chart where the kids got to sign their name in 1 square each time they completed all of their homework. When the chart filled up, I drew 3-4 names, and those students got to go into my prize box! Well, since I looped up with my class this year, they were getting kind of tired of this. Sooo, I decided to try something new! 

One of my colleagues told me about some cards she found in her room called "Homework Express". Thank you Miss Leon! Basically, the kids each get a card that they are responsible for. Each day they complete their homework, they get one punch in the card (using a single hole punch). When they get 10 punches, they get to go into her treat box! I just thought this was a fabulous idea so I decided I had to try it with my 4th graders!! So far, it has been a great success! No one has gotten to go to the treat box yet, but they are super pumped about it! I have had more students bringing in their homework since I started the "Homework Punch" as I am calling it! 

Since this has been going so great for me, I decided I just had to share my "Homework Punch" cards with my friends!! So here it is! All you have to do is click on the picture below to go download it from my TpT Store for FREE!!! I printed mine out on bright, colored card stock, and they turned out looking super cute! I hope another teacher out there will find this as useful as I have! 



I hope everyone had a fabulous Monday! Happy Teaching! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment