Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Estimation Jars!!

I always try to think of some fun, creative classroom activities for my students this time of year! My school is having a Book Character Parade on Wednesday. The students and teachers can dress up as their favorite book character! I am really excited about this, and my students ALWAYS get excited about it! This year I am going as.....AMELIA BEDELIA!!! I'm so excited! I will definitely post a picture after the parade on Wednesday! :) 

A new activity I am doing this year is estimation jars with my students! We are doing one on Monday, one on Tuesday, and one on Wednesday! My jar for Monday has smarties in it. The jar for Tuesday has tootsie rolls in it, and the jar for Wednesday (Halloween) has candy corn in it! I am going to let my students make 1 estimation in the morning (on a post-it note) for the jar that I have planned for that day. At the end of the day, the student who has the closest estimation without going over will win the jar of candy! :) I'm so excited about this, and I think my students will love it! Here is a picture of my estimation jars (all supplies from Dollar Tree)!!


What fun activities do you have planned for your students this week?!? 



2 comments:

  1. This looks like lots of fun! I bet the kids who win will be so excited!!
    Connie Anderson:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you dressed as Amelia Bedelia! She is one of my favorite book characters. And I got one of those jars too! Not sure what I am going to do with it yet...but I have the one on the right!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete